If you're involved in email marketing creative, you'll love this! Sure there's a ton of detailed information about design and coding hacks, tips, tactics and tools online; you could be reading for days. What you need is a master list of all the best places to go for that advice, plus the tech and software that make features like video in email, dynamic content, countdown timers, side scrolling and more easily possible. So we were inspired to produce this list of favorites. Bookmark it and explore to your heart's content. And here's to continually raising the bar on really good email!
I was recently interviewed by Doug Morneau for his Real Marketing Real Fast Podcast and invite you to give it a listen. Here are some of the highlights we hit upon:
- Email is going through a massive renaissance
- Let behavior drive what you send. Track subscriber engagement with and response to your email, then follow up with messaging relevant to their content, offer and/or product interests
- Think in terms of normal human dialog vs. "blasting": talk to your subscribers, not at them!
- Have realistic expectations of what email can do. Use it to nurture and build relationships over time vs. expecting single messages to accomplish conversion in one fell swoop
- Understand your customer's journey and align email messaging to key points on it
There is a reason over 85% of all marketers worldwide are using content marketing to generate more sales. On average, consumers engage with 11.4 pieces of content before making a purchase. Moreover, up to 80% of all users only focus on organic results and ignore all paid ads. Digital advertising has only 11% of the average business marketing budget today, while content marketing has 13% and is expected to only increase in the coming years. Furthermore, email marketing is an ideal channel for promoting, distributing, and multi-purposing your content. Email and content marketing are natural complements - they go together as deliciously as
5 Reasons to Join Me in New Orleans May 1-3, 2017New Orleans is on high alert! Thankfully not because of a hurricane this time. Instead, in just one week a force even more powerful will descend on the Big Easy: nearly 500 email marketers converging for three days of education, networking, insight and fun at the 10th Email Evolution Conference. The Email Experience Council (EEC)'s annual event delivers the latest and greatest in everything email – from technology and process solutions, to creative, content, real life success stories and case studies, strategy, state-of-the-channel updates and more. Returning to the Hilton Riverside New Orleans for the second year running, Email Evolution is the go-to conference for mid- and senior level digital and email marketing professionals seeking ways to enhance campaign and channel performance, take their programs to the next level, or stay abreast of innovations, trends and cutting-edge technology. Its invigorating blend of exclusive content, expert advice, inspiring keynotes and exclusive networking delivers a transformational experience that keeps attendees coming back, and helps big brands cost-effectively retain their customers to keep them loyal as well.
- Does my company need abandoned cart/browse campaigns if we’re not an ecommerce or retail marketer?
- Are reactivation campaigns worth it, or should I just cull unresponsive subscribers from our list?
- How much marketing automation do I need? Do I need an ESP or MA platform?
- Do multi-touch campaigns (like a welcome series) outperform single message-campaigns? Is the extra effort to create a series worth it?
- Would my company benefit from reputation management and delivery services? What’s it worth?
- Does dynamic content really pay off?