Viewing posts categorised under: Email Marketing
If you're involved in email marketing creative, you'll love this! Sure there's a ton of detailed information about design and coding hacks, tips, tactics and tools online; you could be reading for days. What you need is a master list of all the best places to go for that advice, plus the tech and software that make features like video in email, dynamic content, countdown timers, side scrolling and more easily possible. So we were inspired to produce this list of favorites. Bookmark it and explore to your heart's content. And here's to continually raising the bar on really good email!
I was recently interviewed by Doug Morneau for his Real Marketing Real Fast Podcast and invite you to give it a listen. Here are some of the highlights we hit upon:
- Email is going through a massive renaissance
- Let behavior drive what you send. Track subscriber engagement with and response to your email, then follow up with messaging relevant to their content, offer and/or product interests
- Think in terms of normal human dialog vs. "blasting": talk to your subscribers, not at them!
- Have realistic expectations of what email can do. Use it to nurture and build relationships over time vs. expecting single messages to accomplish conversion in one fell swoop
- Understand your customer's journey and align email messaging to key points on it
5 Reasons to Join Me in New Orleans May 1-3, 2017New Orleans is on high alert! Thankfully not because of a hurricane this time. Instead, in just one week a force even more powerful will descend on the Big Easy: nearly 500 email marketers converging for three days of education, networking, insight and fun at the 10th Email Evolution Conference. The Email Experience Council (EEC)'s annual event delivers the latest and greatest in everything email – from technology and process solutions, to creative, content, real life success stories and case studies, strategy, state-of-the-channel updates and more. Returning to the Hilton Riverside New Orleans for the second year running, Email Evolution is the go-to conference for mid- and senior level digital and email marketing professionals seeking ways to enhance campaign and channel performance, take their programs to the next level, or stay abreast of innovations, trends and cutting-edge technology. Its invigorating blend of exclusive content, expert advice, inspiring keynotes and exclusive networking delivers a transformational experience that keeps attendees coming back, and helps big brands cost-effectively retain their customers to keep them loyal as well.
Today, email continues to be the leading digital channel by which brands and organizations communicate with their customers. In an ever changing digital landscape, tablets and smartphones have made it easier for people to check their emails anywhere, all the time. According to a Radicati Group study, there were an estimated 2.5 billion email users in the world last year, with that number estimated to increase to nearly 3 billion by 2019. Despite email being a critical way for businesses to connect with their customers, commercial email may not always successfully land in the inbox let alone achieve its intended result of being opened, let alone read. In this post, we’re going to look at why your emails aren’t being delivered and how we can ensure they successfully make it into subscriber inboxes.
I'm honored to be in the company of email experts like Laura Atkins, David Daniels, Simms Jenkins, Chad White and more in this new piece of email marketing wisdom from Adobe Marketing Cloud on doing email marketing right. Check out Teaching the Email Marketer How to Fish and let me know in comments below what words of wisdom you would add, as well as if you agree or disagree with any of my comments such as:
With endless approaches christened “best practices” and infinite blog posts on the latest email optimization tactics, it can be difficult to determine where it’s worth investing your email marketing money and manpower. Questions like these abound:
- Does my company need abandoned cart/browse campaigns if we’re not an ecommerce or retail marketer?
- Are reactivation campaigns worth it, or should I just cull unresponsive subscribers from our list?
- How much marketing automation do I need? Do I need an ESP or MA platform?
- Do multi-touch campaigns (like a welcome series) outperform single message-campaigns? Is the extra effort to create a series worth it?
- Would my company benefit from reputation management and delivery services? What’s it worth?
- Does dynamic content really pay off?
If yours is a retail or e-tail business revving up your holiday email marketing engines, this advice is not for you (but good luck and Godspeed!) If on the other hand you’re in the same camp as non-retailers - your email messages running the risk of being stampeded by the crushing annual blow of “buy now” retail promotional messages to consumer inboxes from September through December - read on. Although some non-retail sectors (travel and hospitality among them) experience an uptick during the holiday season, most can’t count on the lion’s share of their annual revenues to cascade in during Q4. Still, that doesn’t mean we don’t have sales and marketing goals to reach; goals that email carries a lot of weight for. So how do you break from the retail holiday marketing pack during the busy season and what (if anything holiday-related) type of email should you send?