- Does my company need abandoned cart/browse campaigns if we’re not an ecommerce or retail marketer?
- Are reactivation campaigns worth it, or should I just cull unresponsive subscribers from our list?
- How much marketing automation do I need? Do I need an ESP or MA platform?
- Do multi-touch campaigns (like a welcome series) outperform single message-campaigns? Is the extra effort to create a series worth it?
- Would my company benefit from reputation management and delivery services? What’s it worth?
- Does dynamic content really pay off?
After fifteen years in email marketing, I recently joined the board of the Email Experience Council (EEC) - the industry association for legitimate email marketing and the nexus of entrepreneurs, executives and experts leading the email marketing world itself. Shortly before the EEC's annual Email Evolution Conference earlier this month, the organization sat down with me for a discussion about careers in email marketing. We covered what up-and-coming professionals in email, as well as CMOs and senior execs responsible for the channel, need to know and develop in the way of talent, skills and mindset. That interview follows. If you're currently cultivating or considering a career involving email marketing, read on to learn about the great growth opportunities that await.