Viewing posts from: October 2017
If you're involved in email marketing creative, you'll love this! Sure there's a ton of detailed information about design and coding hacks, tips, tactics and tools online; you could be reading for days. What you need is a master list of all the best places to go for that advice, plus the tech and software that make features like video in email, dynamic content, countdown timers, side scrolling and more easily possible. So we were inspired to produce this list of favorites. Bookmark it and explore to your heart's content. And here's to continually raising the bar on really good email!
I was recently interviewed by Doug Morneau for his Real Marketing Real Fast Podcast and invite you to give it a listen. Here are some of the highlights we hit upon:
- Email is going through a massive renaissance
- Let behavior drive what you send. Track subscriber engagement with and response to your email, then follow up with messaging relevant to their content, offer and/or product interests
- Think in terms of normal human dialog vs. "blasting": talk to your subscribers, not at them!
- Have realistic expectations of what email can do. Use it to nurture and build relationships over time vs. expecting single messages to accomplish conversion in one fell swoop
- Understand your customer's journey and align email messaging to key points on it