Viewing posts from: October 2017
Email Design & Coding – The Ultimate Resource List For Remarkable Email Creative
by Karen Talavera
10 27, 2017 | Posted in Creative, Email Marketing, Graphic Design, Resources for Getting It Done | 5 comments
If you're involved in email marketing creative, you'll love this! Sure there's a ton of detailed information about design and coding hacks, tips, tactics and tools online; you could be reading for days. What you need is a master list of all the best places to go for that advice, plus the tech and software that make features like video in email, dynamic content, countdown timers, side scrolling and more easily possible. So we were inspired to produce this list of favorites. Bookmark it and explore to your heart's content. And here's to continually raising the bar on really good email!
Email Marketing Sales Tips (my latest podcast interview)
by Karen Talavera
10 02, 2017 | Posted in Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, Marketing Vision, Messaging Strategy, Strategy | 0 comments
I was recently interviewed by Doug Morneau for his Real Marketing Real Fast Podcast and invite you to give it a listen. Here are some of the highlights we hit upon:
- Email is going through a massive renaissance
- Let behavior drive what you send. Track subscriber engagement with and response to your email, then follow up with messaging relevant to their content, offer and/or product interests
- Think in terms of normal human dialog vs. "blasting": talk to your subscribers, not at them!
- Have realistic expectations of what email can do. Use it to nurture and build relationships over time vs. expecting single messages to accomplish conversion in one fell swoop
- Understand your customer's journey and align email messaging to key points on it