I was recently interviewed by Doug Morneau for his Real Marketing Real Fast Podcast and invite you to give it a listen. Here are some of the highlights we hit upon:
- Email is going through a massive renaissance
- Let behavior drive what you send. Track subscriber engagement with and response to your email, then follow up with messaging relevant to their content, offer and/or product interests
- Think in terms of normal human dialog vs. “blasting”: talk to your subscribers, not at them!
- Have realistic expectations of what email can do. Use it to nurture and build relationships over time vs. expecting single messages to accomplish conversion in one fell swoop
- Understand your customer’s journey and align email messaging to key points on it
Click to listen or read the transcript.
Then tell me – where do you see email marketing going? What do you agree or disagree with? I’d love to see your thoughts in comments blow. Enjoy!Tags: behavioral targeting, email for sales, email marketing, email subscriber, engagement